General Information - Residential

New Residential Construction

If you would like to apply for service for construction of a new residential location, please contact New Construction at (830) 608-8992 or (830) 608-8919 or You will be able to verify availability, apply for service and fulfill your deposit requirement, which will be based upon the NBU services available. If you're applying for electric, water or sewer service for a newly constructed home, NBU requires a two-month estimated billing deposit. Half of the deposit is paid up front with the remaining balance added to your utility bill in one installment.

New Residential Service - Existing Residential Locations

If you need to apply for service at an already constructed home, please contact NBU Customer Service Representatives at (830) 629-8400 or (830) 606-2074 (San Antonio metro), and an application can be sent to you to fill out and return by fax or mail. Our fax number is (830) 629-2119. NBU will calculate the average of the past 12 months utility bills and multiply that amount by two to determine the deposit. Half of that amount will be due up front and the remaining balance will be added to your utility bill in one installment.In addition to the application, you will also need to provide us with your social security number and a copy of your driver's license.

Administrative Fee

An administrative fee of $45 will be charged and added to your first month's bill. If you have both electric and water service, that fee will be split between the services at a cost of $22.50 each. If you only have one of these services, the total fee will be $45.

Disconnecting Service

To discontinue residential service, you can fill out a disconnect notice at our office or bring in, fax or mail a signed letter requesting the disconnect and directing NBU where to send your final bill.

If you have any questions, call Customer Service at (830) 629-8400, (830) 606-2074 (San Antonio metro) or send e-mail to You can send a fax to NBU at (830) 629-2119